Restaurant General Manager
Summary of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to ascend/descend stairs and ladders
- Must work schedule on average of 50 hours per week.
The Gaslight Group is a hospitality group that owns & operates a variety of locations in Savannah, Georgia.
Ranging from a petite wooden bar illuminated by low lighting, a bourbon buzz, and the personalities that frequent its seats at Abe’s on Lincoln.
A bustling beacon for beautiful food & libations with raise-the-bar-worthy service, B. Matthew’s Eatery is nestled into the Historic District in an antiquated building which boasts a colorful history & one of the oldest standing taverns in the South East. But, make no mistake, there is nothing “old-fashioned” about this little gem (other than the craft-created old fashioned you may be sipping at the more than cozy bar). The unpretentious charm of the restaurant coupled with the beyond stellar fare continues to keep guests–just as moths to a flame–raving for over 8 years…and counting.
“Brassy”, “fresh”, & “spot on”, Blowin’ Smoke Southern Cantina is the restaurant embodiment of these words. At home in a repurposed garage, Blowin’ Smoke is a mash up between a Southern shanty BBQ shack, a California taco truck, & a lively South-of-the-border cantina. Needless to say, it’s off the beaten path & delicious on all levels.
A plaza space revamped & gilded with industrial and modern aesthetics, The 5 Spot Kitchen & Bar is a neighborhood hub. Churning out breakfast, lunch, dinner, & a sought-after happy hour in Midtown Savannah, this location aims & succeeds to please all palates, at all ages, from all walks of life, & at all times of day.
Owned & operated by a now-Savannahian-by-way-of-Tennessee couple, Gaslight Group is…special.
We hold a genuine care and concern for not only our guests and their experiences, but for our staff and their well-being. We understand that good food and libations with a smile are just straws in the bundle that make up the identity that is “hospitality”. Creating and sustaining spaces for guests and staff alike to feel welcome, nurtured, and important is what we’re all about. We look at the big picture all the way down to the tiniest details everyday.
We are Gaslight and we’ve got you covered.